Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Building Blocks


Building Blocks

Precedence comes in time, fear, and wonderment

With strange possibilities and feelings of entitlement

A word that can shape one’s future and

Manipulate multiple mental mirrors

Making life manageable, meaningful, and happy

Instead of arranging these blocks of life

Let them fall into place and lie

If stacked, there is a greater chance it will never fall

However, when it reaches the sky

Expect a tumbling tower and a reset button

Life is full of unexpected stops, traps, and pitfalls

But never let the precedent take over

Live life to its fullest without a plan

Spontaneous events make up this land

It is a New Year and this is my first poem in this long journey. My life has had many unexpected turns in the past month, but I am more than ready for the New Year. When I was driving last night, I thought of the first line of this free form poem. I am not sure why, but I come to find out planning your life is never easy and never really intended. I believe everyone should live their life to its fullest and consult themselves more so than others. You have all the time in the world, so cherish each moment and watch out for blocks.

Also, I am using the Starbucks internet currently. Hopefully tomorrow I can update this in the comfort of my own home. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment