Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Falling Upwards

A phone call makes me clumsy
But before I fall down the stairs
I need to let it be known that
Everything is going to be alright


I may be suspended in midair
And my shoelaces might be tied together
But before I hit the bottomless ground
I have something to get off my chest

My mind could be frolicking in a helpless state
But fear not, for I know my back home
Even if I have to go through hell and back
Nothing can change this moment

The fall could break my theoretical back
That is not the only thing rummaging through my head
I am about to hit the ground
Everything is going to be alright

Everything is going to be alright
I have something to get off my chest
Nothing can change this moment
Everything is going to be alright

 

This poem is very strange that I am even confused. How can everything be alright when you are falling down the stairs? Do you know that the fall will not hurt you? Maybe there are only three stairs? Who is on the phone? Why do they sound happy even though the poem is pretty sad? All these questions can be asked, and yet, I do not want to share the answers. The thing most of us need to know is that living in the moment, even falling down stairs, is something everyone should grasp.

Well, it is official! My journey will start soon and I am very excited. Too many things have fallen into place, and I cannot believe life can do a complete 360 in a matter of weeks. Things are looking up even when I had a not-so-great day at work. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment