Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Worst Letter

Numerical pages laid across the bed,
Sometimes dressed in black.
A garbage can filled with red.


Paper has never seemed so dead
Without its perfect plaque.
Numerical pages laid across the bed.

The vernacular needs to be fixed, instead
The forgetful man lost his Mac;
A garbage can filled with red.

The man was cut and bled
From an unreliable tack.
Numerical pages laid across the bed.

The disgruntled man fled
Into a back alley to smoke a pack;
A garbage can filled with red.

The enamored man had tears to shed
Since he didn’t know what to write back.
Numerical pages laid across the bed,
A garbage can filled with red.

 

I decided to try out a different form of poetry. This form is called Villanelle. The scheme is pretty easy, but getting the right words and points across is what makes it hard. I did not know what to write about today, so I decided to write about writing. I have done this many times with other poems, but this one came out better than expected. I have not touched this form in a long time, but it was fun to write.

Tomorrow is a big day for me. Wish me luck! Also, I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment