Saturday, February 2, 2013

Living for the City

When you live for the city
How does it make you feel
Do you take your living situations for granted

When you loath for the city
How does it make you feel
Do you take to the streets and act like a phantom

When you learn for the city
How does it make you feel
Do you take classes at your community college

When you lean for the city
How does it make you feel
Do you take the left or right side through the foliage

When you leer for the city
How does it make you feel
Do you take the town next door, pillage and rape

When you live for the city
How does it make you feel
Do you take just enough wonder to escape


This was fun. If you didn't catch on, this could be considered an ode poem. Stevie Wonder inspired me on this one. His song "Living for the City" was playing in the background, so I thought about how I could write a poem about it. In a way, it follows a rhyming pattern, except for the third and fourth stanza where I had a near rhyme instead. Do you live for your city?

Well, I may update once more tonight, but I'm pretty exhausted from today. I bought some stuff for my new apartment and packed some stuff up. I'm one happy man. Tomorrow is going to be a great day, I just know it! I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment