Friday, March 22, 2013

He Shoots, He Scores

"He shoots, he scores!"
How often do you hear that?

During a close basketball game
With 3 seconds left on the clock
No timeouts and the team has to go the full length of the court
Put up a shot
And pray that it goes in for the win
Possibly a tie (in that case we have overtime)

During a close hockey game
With 3 seconds left in the period
No timeouts and the team has to go the full length of the court
Hit a slap shot
And pray that it goes in for the win
Possibly a tie (in that case we have a shootout)

During a close rivalry among friends
With 3 seconds to impress
No timeout and you have to make a move
Get a phone number
And pray that answers your phone call
Possibly a second date (in that case we have sex)


This was fun to write. Thanks to all the March Madness, I thought I would write this. It was fun! Hockey is not so much fun, but I'm trying to get into the sport. I can't think of any sports they would use this line. Soccer maybe, but I hate soccer.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment