Monday, May 6, 2013

Live Happy and Never After

Falling down the rabbit hole
Dorthy asked, a tale untold
Why must there be a living soul
That never seems to be paroled
By a scarecrow, tin man, or lion

Floating through the desert dole
Alice asked, a tale keyhole
Why must there be a living soul
That never seems to be controlled
By a rabbit, heart, or cat

Ruling all the desolate land
An ugly queen and greenish man
One trumps all suits with untold demands
The other is short and barely stands
Let's live happy and never after


This is one of my better poems on this blog. I like how I compared and contrast two tales. Giving both a confusing part about both of them. I enjoyed comparing the scarecrow to the rabbit, tin man who needs the heart, and lion/cat. The stories are much darker than the Disney movies, but I still thought this was fun.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment