Monday, May 6, 2013

The Awkward Drawl

I withdrew my drawl for the time being
The drawl was a predominant fiend
It scared away ladies outright
My cat ran away last night

The drawl draws in uglier things
Like cockroaches, lizards, frogs and gizzards
What is that sound out my window?
Why is there a cow on my front steps yelling, Moo!

I contacted the locals to find out what's wrong
They contacted the government, it took so long
It was confirmed that my drawl is the worst of the bunch
Whenever it breaks, I'm always at lunch

I was kicked out of the country and swam away
To the other side of the pool during the day
Playing make believe is a whimsical chore
I was called to do homework, what a bore


This was fun to write. I don't think many people outside of Texas could write about a "drawl" being so bad. Luckily, I do not really have a draw or accent...or at least I don't think so.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment