Saturday, June 1, 2013

Love Cliches Can't Wait

When I stare into your soul...
Wait, I can't actually stare into your soul!
My love is blind...
Wait, who turned out the lights?
You only hurt the one you love...
Wait, officer, I did not hit her!
Diamonds are a girl's best friend...
Wait, then what am I?
Curiosity killed the cat...
Wait, that's what happened to Fluffy?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
Wait, who turned out the lights again?
 Love don't cost a thing...
Wait, then why am I broke?
Love me and the world is mine...
Wait, do I have to share the world?
Love is the poetry of the senses...
Wait, why am I writing about love cliches?


When I wrote the first line of this poem, I knew exactly what it would be about: cliches. When writing poetry, I see tons cliches in poems (and I may use them too). It is fun when you take a literal meaning and making the poem about that. Some of these cliches, you may know.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment