Monday, July 29, 2013

Middle of the Road

Stand complacent, shed a tear of faithlessness
Facetious, flawless, a fair warning for the mourning
The middle of the road belongs to the thieves
Goods are recovered, never stolen
Identities pass, pass-byers folly
Follow down the alley, volley your inners, outters, lay flaccid
The fulcrum is nearly passing but cars avoid
Thievery is at a high, lice in the streets
Manhole covers lay cover for the innocence
Street lights talk back but never say anything
Hydrants hydrate the wicked, prevalent fillings
This is no some middle of the road shit
This is the road of deviance


I wrote this last night really late. I'm not sure where the inspiration came from. I was listening to Alt-J, which seem to focus a lot on their crazy lyrics. Maybe they inspired me.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment