Monday, August 19, 2013

My Notepad

Besides my trust wordplay
All I have left is a pencil and notepad
My mind is in utter disillusion
Probably thrown in the garbage
With the rest of my emotions
If I do a little rhyming here
Does that mean I have perfect timing
Nope, that rhyme did not work out
I place the lead on my notepad
Before I scribble anything down
My pencil breaks into thousands of pieces
Great, now all I have is a notepad
Things like this seem to be happening all at once
First, my mind, second, my emotions, third, my life
Seeing that the pencil was my life
And the notepad is the path I walk down
Wait, hold on a second
How many pages does this notepad have
If I cannot write my path, my tale, my existence
Then I will shred a few pages and create a new way to live
Who needs a pencil When I have a notepad


I have lots of updating to do today. I wrote this poem a while ago, but I have not had a chance to put it on this blog.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment