Sunday, August 25, 2013

Tied To A Chair

I am sprawled across the cockroach infested wooden floor, mayhap on my last leg. I stare off into the distance thinking how I wound up here. Did I trip over something? Did I pass out because of my riddled heart? Did I fall asleep dreaming about an untangle subject?

All I know is that I see a chair. A chair that has a great significant lifespan. I remember when this chair was purchased back when I was around twelve. It was for a new dining room set. I remember transporting this chair household to household. I have worked many written assignments on that chair. I have eaten with and on that chair for years. This chair has been used, abused and cleaned on multiple occasions.

Unlike the chair, I have to go along with life sitting on other chairs. This chair does not mind nor react to the stench of another chair, but if it did have forethought, would it think of me as less? I am not cheating on the chair since sitting is a big part of my job, but one thing I like about the chair is how forgiving it is. It will still hold me up. It will still provide a place for me to eat on. It can be the perfect nightstand.

As I dose off thinking about the chair, I think of others who have used that chair. Before I let my chair see me shed a tear, I get up and go to bed.


I do have some chairs that are very old. I'm not sure why I decided to write about them. Today is a weird day.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment