Monday, September 30, 2013

Driving Ms. Edwards

As I awoke from my deep slumber
My mind was a blur
What dream did i just wake up from
Something dealing with old friends, sex and vandalism
My phone rang louder than ever
I usually sleep through this situation
But this morning was different
I answered with a gargle
I was not all there, but I still heard a beautiful voice
It asked me if I was awake
Which I certainly was not
But the voice kept saying how distress they were
It was my job, my duty, my frame of kindness
That led me to believe that this call
Was placed not only for a reason
But it was meant to happen
I had no intentions waking up this early
But it was all for a reason
A good reason
I may be sleep talking
I may be sleep walking
But I know what I have to do
I have to get you to the ball
Your incredible adventure that I may not share
But I do it anyway since I care
I may be sleep driving now
But I will get you to where you need to be on time
Without a doubt in my mind
I answer for the one I love
I drive for the one I love
I act for the one I love


Real life events create good inspiration I believe. I had fun writing this, it was a very interesting day to say the least. A good day too. I would not have changed any part of it really.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment