Tuesday, September 10, 2013

One More Song

That song comes on in your car
You park
And just sit there
Instead of getting out of the car immediately
You just sit there
Why
Because you can and will
The song is not your favorite song in the world
The beat may be off
The singer could sound like shit
But at that moment in time
You decide to sit and listen
You pay attention to the lyrics
Each word is new to you
Since you never pay enough attention to lyrics
All you hear is the music
The story has a lot of delightful insight
How can a song relate to your life
Did they write this song for you
You start to sing along
Each lyric comes easy to you
Since this is the 100th time you heard it
But if this is the 100th time
Why does it feel like the first time
You are paying attention to the subtle details
The sing says this at this time
The key change starts here and ends there
The syncopated notes really drag on
Besides paying attention to the details
You start to dose off
Why is this so relaxing
You forgot you closed the garage behind you
This will be your last song
I hope you like it


One more car poem. I'm not sure why I'm so obsessed with driving right now. This poem did happen to me the other day. Not the ending part, but I did just sit in my car and listen to some music. I enjoyed it.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment