Friday, October 4, 2013

Dear Old Writers

Rummage, pillage, take to the books
Lend me your ears you deaf writers
I write to you beyond the living
Asking for your help when it comes to
Belligerent writing styles and shady stories
Have you read the crap that is being thrown out there
Erotic Romance! Hosh posh; would you stand for that
Unless you were born during the Byzantine period
Then you get a pass in my book
Children on drugs! Words that are lost
Alright you Romanticists on Opium
You get a pass here too, but only a slight one
Incestuous nonsense! I toss you into the fire
Even the Medieval poets do not get a pass for this one
Unless you talk of Old English heroic epic poems
That gets a pass
Dear Old Writers, why has it come to this
Lend me your pencils, pens and ears
I will write you something that will bring you to tears


I am not a fan of many different types of genre of reading. To be honest, I'm not sure why I wrote this or how it got to me talking to writers. With the passing of Tom Clancy, it might have something to do with this. He was a great writer with many interesting stories to tell.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment