Monday, October 21, 2013

Friday, the 18th

My day started off nice without a hitch
I went to work, gathered my thoughts, studied
Who knew that today would be different
I was called out many time that day
For unseen, unfortunate events
I said this, they said that, I had a wiffleball bat
I read wrong, that does not belong, I answered the wrong
These little things did not tend to mattter
Since my focus was what to come after the job
Throughout the day, my luck was in place
My thoughts were clearer than ever
And I was doing just fine
When it reached five, things took a turn for the worst
I was late, the doors would not close
I feared for the worst
I tried to not let these events shake me
And I continued on with my plans like nobodies business
I saw who I needed for a limited time
Said hello to an acquaintance and left on a dime
Went home and had a ball with my melancholy life
Then a text message changed everything
Life no longer mattered in my state of mind
When circumstances change and make me happy
I forget all about my day previously
Life is changing and I am happy to proceed to my next chapter


Life is pretty good right now. I am happier than I have been in a long time.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment