Wednesday, November 20, 2013

All Hail Frog

I worship the green one
As you hop along the mossy trail
Let it be know that I will never fail you
Your skin is soft and mouth wide
I can never take my eyes off your hide
I will jump with you over a cliff
Grab food from a mid-air lift
Gift you not only riches but lily pads too
I do this because I worship you

I who has licked thee
Will see the future completely
Those spots on your back
Hypnotize me which produce facts
Life has meaning when I follow you
Into the depths of the murky water
Your eggs will be protected
By my keen benevolence
No one will mess up your eloquence


I am not sure what inspired me to write about a frog that was being worshiped. My book I am writing does mention things about different Gods, but I did not think of that while writing this.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment