Friday, December 20, 2013

The Unforgiving Wart

He worried about a wart that never seemed to disappear
He learned of the woman cheating on him with another woman
He wished he could disappear like his father did the day he asked for forgiveness
He understood the meaning of love, life and the pursuit of happiness
He talked everything over with his mother when it came to Jesus
He acknowledged the unknown, but discovered what it meant to be a shadow
He wanted everything, yet wanted everyone to have everything else
He tried to give it his all with no hearts in sight, nor ears, nor mouths
He cried when he heard the song that reminded him of her
He worried more about his wart that needed to disappear
He grabbed a knife and made that wart disappear


Not sure what inspired me to write this. Maybe a wart popped into my head and I thought I should write about it. It sounds more like a lament than anything, maybe an ode.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment